Film Shooting Permit In Nepal
From Ministry of Information and Communications, you can obtain a filming permit in Nepal. After obtaining film permit in Nepal, you can either get local coordiantor for film euipment hire and film location management or work on your own. To get film permit for filming documentary/films in Nepal you need to acquire following documents.
1. A letter made by the assigned local coordinator, informing the Secretary of Ministry of
Information and Communications of the purpose of applyting for shooting permit.
2. An assignment letter made by the foreign filmmaker, showing they have chosen and
hired a local coordinator. Local coordinator's
3. An Application Form as prescribed by the rules affixing Nepali postal stamp amounting
4. Supporting documents needed for permit consideration:
- Synopsis of the filming story. Story board for TV Commercials. Treatment for
- Theme (concept) and Lyrics for music videos.
- Details of content and objectives of programme presentation for TV programs.
5. Name-list, passport numbers, positions and arrival date of foreign film crew with biodata.
6. A schedule of filming in Nepal specifying exact dates and locations (for all types of
7. Equipment list with values for custom clearance.
8. Consent letters of concerned organisations:
• Consent Letter of Department of Archaeology if filming in archaeological places like
Kathmandu, Patan, Bhaktapur, Changunarayan, Durbar Squares, Boudhanath, Lumbini,
Swayambhunath etc. For filming in these areas, Department of Archaeology will
appoint one liaison officer who should be paid NPR 200.00 everyday as allowance.
• Consent Letter of Pashupati Development Fund Office, Gaushala, Kathmandu if filming
in the Pashupatinath temple area.
• Consent letter of Sanctuary Fund if filming in Annapurna Conservation Areas.
• Consent letter of Ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation if filming is to be done
in upper Mustang and upper Dolpa. The fees is US $5000.00 per each place.
• Consent letter of Department of Wildlife Conservation, Babarmahal, Kathmandu if
filming in conservation areas.
• Consent letter of Lumbini Development Fund if filming in Kapilvastu (Lumbini), birth
place of Lord Gautam Buddha.
After getting film permit you can enjoy your filming tour. We also provide the service for location management and local coordiantion in Nepal.
Filming in Nepal | Film in Nepal | Feature Filming in Nepal | Documentary Filming in Nepal | Commercial Filming in Nepal | Adventure Filming in Nepal | Film Services in Nepal